So, 2020 sucks!

2020 hasn't been a great year. 

Quite apart from climate and politics, the changes have been massive. And not least in terms of the cancellation of every single fundraiser I had planned to complete. 

In some respects, the restricted living situation, changes to lifestyle and reconsideration of what constitutes the new normal have been really useful. It's important to understand what matters, what is important, how you see yourself and the world around you. And change is a powerful way to force that reassessment. 

So, along with a number of enlightened friends who suggested I might take my anger issues and turn them into something useful, I'm changing the way I look at problems and issues and triggers and reapplying myself to understanding and witnessing how that change can be managed. In much the same way as we all have to reassess how we now engage with the world around us. 

For many though, Covid 19 and the associated issues have caused immense problems, let alone grief. Which makes doing this challenge all the more necessary - at least in my eyes. 

I want to be able to engage with my friends as I used to, but maybe in a new way. I want to be able to help people find better ways to live and experience the world, but that has to happen in a new way. 

Nothing about "The Rona" means that those I was fundraising for are any less in need of those funds. 

So the training will restart. Cycling can be a very isolated and isolating sport. Not a bad thing based on how we are expected to behave nowadays. So I will be stretching myself to the limits in the hot yoga studio and increasing my stamina and capacity on the bike to begin again. 

The 2 main events I have planned are the London Revolution in May 2021 and Lands End To John O'Groats in September 2021. They're on. And I, rather masochistically, can't wait. 

Please consider sponsoring this madcap year of extreme cycling and follow me here for updates on Strava activity, yoga madness and the developing situation with regard to drugs being made available to those with SMA, for whom treatment is still care rather than hope. That can change. This is part of that change. 

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/marstonyork

Please join in. 

Thank you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling For SMA UK